Subscribe with Bloglines

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Brush Hollow Lake








I still sound like Froggy the Gremlin, but I was able to do a little walking at Brush Hollow and take some photographs this afternoon after taking Amber home from her orientation at MacDonalds. I'm so proud of her for finding a summer job. This was motivated by the need to earn money to attend Church Youth Camp at Ponderosa with Mandy in July, as well as the other things that teens need cash for.
This photo shows part of the lake and bluffs looking toward the mountains around Pikes Peak.


This second photo is a prickley pear cactus blooming in the grass between the Pinon Pine and Juniper trees.


The weather was in the high 90s today, as it will be for the next week so it was not conducive to extensive walking, but it was pleasant to check out the flora and fauna around the lake this evening.


The third photo is an old gnarled Juniper.


On the way home I was also able to park on the side of the road and get some photos of an Apaloosa horse, that I've been admiring, pasturing on the prairie next to Highway 50.
These hollyhocks were blooming in the parking strip in front of a house in my neighborhood. It was so pretty, and I love hollyhocks so much, that I stopped to admire them, visited with the senior gentleman who raised them, took photos, and thanked him for beautifying my world. I have hollyhocks in bud and am dying to see what color they will be.

1 comment:

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

Beautiful photos!! So glad you were feeling up to a walk.