What is it with WebSurf! I never know what I'm going to find when I go to the Quilt Studio WebRing list, and today my blog listing had been removed from next to Rian. I started through all the blogs to see if I was still there, somewhere. Guess what, I'm now on page 6! Why? Originally we were listed in order of when we became a member of the ring. Have I done something to offend the Lord of the WebRings? Has anyone else been relocated? If I had trouble finding me how is anyone else finding me? Weird!
It's also opening the blogs in the RingSurf page which shows the RingSurf address instead of the address of the blog. It's frustrating me! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Now that I have that off my chest, I'll go the subject I had intended to blog about.
At the beginning of March I accepted the Quilting Diva's challenge to quilt for 10 minutes every day in March. I decided to spend these times piecing the blocks for the vintage airplane quilt I am making for my pilot son. I guess my resolve was not as strong as all the impediments. To meet my goal I would have worked on the blocks for a total of 310 minutes. I managed 175 minutes on this project. I did work on some of my Bible blocks but did not keep track of the time. The 2 major impediments were a oral surgery that had me down recuperating for a while, and working with granddaughter Mandy on her quilt projects while she spent spring break with me.
Here is my progress on the paper pieced airplane blocks. I pieced one block and some small Windmill blocks (symbolizing propellers) to use as corner blocks with the sky blue sashing. I am adding the sashing on 2 sides of each airplane block as I piece them so I can then assemble the top easier. I also chose some depression era repro fabrics and prepared the tissue paper templates for 3 more blocks. At least the challenge got me this far, which motivates me to keep working the the planes.