Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WIP Wednesday


I am so happy that I actually have work in progress now that Mom is cared for. I've been cleaning in the garden yesterday and today and here is the happy surprise that was waiting for me under some of last years dead growth; my miniature daffodils are actually blooming. I love daffodils for their brilliant yellow trumpets after a dark straw colored few months. The tiny blue scillas have also popped up through the dry grass at the corner of the house, but I didn't get photos of them.

Ditto, our small toothless lynx point Siamese mix cat, came out with me yesterday and discovered the new shoots of catnip under their metal cage. If I don't cage the catnip, all the neighborhood cats roll in it and eat it down to the ground. I figure that they are welcome to whatever shoots eventually stick out through the cage, but I refuse to allow them to kill it.


Here is a teaser of my March 12 x 12 which is my evening project. It is getting closer to completion and I don't want to ruin the surprise by showing more than this. I am pleased that it is beginning to come up to the image I've carried in my head since I found some words to a hymn in my Quilting the Psalms group. I'm studying the Psalms but not trying to do the blocks
yet. I'll do them when I finish the Women of the Bible. Our leader, Carol Honderich, is designing
a new applique pattern for each of the Psalms that we are studying and they are spectacular, I can't wait to start making them. Well, I guess I can wait, I can hardly keep up as it is at this time.

3 comments:

Rian said...

Oh Fran, isn't it a special joy when your problems have abated and you can feel the creative juices stirring again.

So happy spring is springing where you live.

allie aller said...

I love how your spiritual life and your quilting life is so happily entertwined!
Blessings to your mom, she is a trooper!

dee said...

so happy to hear about your Mom. Makes everything more peaceful. Can't wait to see what your up to with the challenge. Thanks for the beautiful pictures-that canyon is spectacular and our flowers are starting to peek through as well.