Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Granny Fran Joins the 21st Century

This is my first post on high speed internet, thanks to Bresnan Cable. I almost hugged the installer when he arrived to drill a hole in my wall. It wastes so much time sitting here waiting to upload and download photos and other graphics when on a dial up connection. I couldn't watch videos on websites or blogs, well, I could watch them, but they jerked and froze and didn't make sense. I couldn't watch the online quilt shows!!! I kept hinting to Joe that I really would like high speed and he kept telling me that we could get along ok without all that huge amount of extra expense.






Then I read that Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms were starting a new online quilting program, together. Alex and Ricky!!! Together!!! Although Ricky is a fairly close neighbor to me in one of my favorite small towns in Colorado, La Veta, at the foot of the Spanish Peaks, I have never met the man, but I love him and his quilts and his music and his videos. And Alex has been one of my quilting gurus on HGTV's "Simply Quilts." It broke my heart when HGTV dropped her show. Let's face it, there are a lot of shows on there that I don't like vociferously, and most of my old favorites are gone. Where are the gardens in House and Garden TV? Where are Alex and that neat crafts lady, I can't think of her name (a senior moment). Now, if I can figure out how to find them, I can watch and learn from them from the comfort of my own computer chair.


Soon I will only have to move from computer chair to sewing machine chair and back. Sorry, Debra, I didn't mean it, I will continue to do my steps each day!



To test the speed of uploading on high speed, I will now upload some photos from my walk yesterday (see, Debra) and a teaser of my March 12 x 12.
















Oh my gosh, it works! it works! it works. Onward and upward to new and better quiltmaking by internet.

10 comments:

allie aller said...

What a quality of life enhancer...three cheers for hi speed!
Your teaser is very enticing, too....

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Congratulations and welcome to the 21st century! Isn't it wonderful to be able to load pictures. The pictures from your walks are great. Those hexagons look wonderful. What are you working on?

Barbara C said...

Congratulations on your upgrade. In a few weeks you'll wonder how you lived without it. I look forward to more pictures.

Granny Fran said...

Lori-Stay tuned for the March 12 x 12 Challenge Reveal the week of the 12th to find out what I am working on.

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

I'll be waiting!

Anonymous said...

I got your changed email address and was very happy for you....high speed rocks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know how happy I was when we got high-speed here just about a year ago. Can you say "internet addict"?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your high-speed. I already don't know how I lived without it, and I've had it only a few months.

McIrish Annie said...

I remember how I felt when I went to high speed. Congrats! If your March triple 12 is anything like February, I will be drooling. I thought February was soooo cool. the preview has definitely peaked my interest. photo transfer?? I love it.

Sandra said...

And...with high speed you'll also be able to watch Simply Quilts. They are going to have the shows on the HGTV.com website towards the end of March.