Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

New Fabrics for Stash plus Kaylee's photo



I just got two packages of fat quarters that I'm very pleased with. I ordered some fabrics to see if one would work as backing for my WOTB quilt when it is assembled. I got the name of the online shop from one of the other WOTB members:
http://www.thespiderswebfabricshop.com . She informed us that they had some nice fabrics with Christian symbols that we might like. They are quite attractive and good quality but I haven't decided yet whether I want to use one of them for this project.


I also received my monthly feature fabrics from Grandma's Attic and just love them. The are from the Kimiko's Garden Chinoiserie collection by Benartex and are based on the fine hand-painted porcelain of China in lovely blues and yellows. These deserve a really special project. So many ideas, so little time!


I wanted to share what the Easter Bunny brought me. This is a photo of my first greatgranddaughter Kaylee at 5 years. She is wearing the pretty dress that her Aunt Robyn gave her for Christmas and looks like a proper little lady, which she really has to much energy to be. Since Aunt Robyn only had a son, she enjoys getting dresses for Kaylee, and she sure has great taste. Kaylee will get a little brother around the end of August and we couldn't be more excited.

4 comments:

allie aller said...

What a darling girl!
And that blue and yellow fabric collection is to die for...
What a pleasure to read your post this evening!

Sandra said...

Thanks for the tip on the fabric site for Christian (and many other) fabrics. It looks interesting.

Juryizstillout said...

Isn't she a doll? I dream someday of having a granddaughter to dote on, as I had all boys!;)
Thanks for the link! I love these fabrics you have picked out!

Deborah M. said...

What a cutie and such a lovely dress she's wearing! Love the fabrics, too. Beautiful colors.

Wow, a great granddaughter! What a great family you have!