Subscribe with Bloglines

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day December

Poinsettia blooming behind the huge Amaryllis bulbs that Robyn gave me at Thanksgiving. This is how much they had grown by December 7.

Detail of throat of one of the Amaryllis blooms.

Large quantity of Amaryllis blooms by Christmas.



Detail of actual small yellow green blossoms of Poinsettia with the bright red bracts surrounding.

I didn't post about what flowers I had blooming on the 15th; the weather was so miserable and cold and the garden so dead, even my back door potted pansies froze. But my indoor flowers are going blooming like mad and brightening my holidays, so I thought I would do a late post for December. If we can't have flowers outdoors in the depth of winter, at least we can have them blooming indoors. I even have a flower stalk beginning to come up on one of the orchid plants.
Check out other Garden Bloggers Bloom Day reports for December at May Dreams Gardens.


1 comment:

Sandra said...

What an outstanding amaryllis display! They are among my favorite flowers. Mine usually re-bloom in March but we've had a pretty warm winter so far so the bulbs are beginning to send up flower stalks already.
Happy New Year, Fran.